Thursday, November 5, 2015

Why I HATE the Cold


1. Shorter days.
2. The toilet seat is freezing.
3. Water takes forever to warm up.
4. I wanna die when I get out of the shower.
5. Applying lotion with my bare hands is self torture.
6. My clean hair doesn't air dry and leaves a wet stain on my shirt instead.
7. I itch and scratch until I see blood.
8. The floor feels like an igloo even if I just tap it with my toes.
9. I wanna scream every time a metal zipper or button touches my skin.
10. I have to wear leggings under my jeans.
11. Jewelry feels likes an ice cube upon initial contact.
12. I have to layer up before I go outside.
13. Headaches from the bitter air kissing my head.
14. My car windows and mirrors have dew or, even worse, frost, that I have to wipe or scrape off when I'm already rushing to work.
15. The car heater always blows cold air in my face before it kicks in.
16. I have to peel off the layers I throw on after I arrive anywhere.
17. Extra layers mean double the laundry accumulated twice as fast.
18. Instead of making me happy, ice cream makes me cold, which makes me grumpy.
19. My feet cramp up at night thus forcing me to wear cozy socks to sleep.
20. Even though I have flannel sheets, I still take minutes to warm up.
21. Changing positions at night causes head-to-toe chills as my body adjusts to new grounds.
22. The dreaded icy trip to the bathroom in the middle of my sleep.
23. I have a permanent runny nose.
24. The wind makes my eyes watery.
25. My nose is always red and cold.
26. My ears are chilly.
27. Raindrops on my windshield at night are tricky to decipher: are they reflecting lights or real headlights?
28. I can't just sit comfortably on the couch in a tee shirt without a blankie or sweater.

No comments:

Post a Comment